Easter Kite Flying Competition 2012
The following is a list of the Rules and Regulations of our competition that
YOU MUST oblige to.
If each of us follows these set rules, it will enable us to have a smooth
Once again thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you, your
family and friends at Radio 90.5’s Annual Easter Kite Flying Competition for
a day of good clean fun!
KITE FLYING COMPETITION 2012 RULES & REGULATIONS
VENUE : QUEENS PARK SAVANNAH, P.O.S.
DATE : EASTER SUNDAY 8th APRIL, 2012
TIME : 12:00 NOON to 5:30 PM
1. Each contestant can participate in ONE category. The following are the categories for the 90.5 kite flying competition:
• BEST MADBULL
• BEST BOX KITE
• BEST CHEEKIE CHONG
• MOST INNOVATIVE DESIGN
• MOST COLOURFUL KITE
• BEST 90.5 KITE
• BEST NEWSDAY KITE
2. All participants must be at the Queen’s Park Savannah site by 10:30am on the day of the competition. Once there, you must report to the Radio 90.5 Registration Tent to collect your registration number. You must have your registration number in order to be judged for the competition.
3. Participants MUST collect their own registration number with their valid I.D. Participants will not be allowed to collect registration numbers for other persons.
4. Specific times for judging will be announced and displayed on the day of the competition. Participants are asked to kindly look for the specific judging times posted up at the Registration Tent. Please ensure your Registration Numbers are pinned to your backs so judges can spot you and you can be judged fairly.
5. Contestants MUST stay within the designated Judging Area – this will be outlined with red flags on the ground or you may ask at the registration tent.
6. JUDGING TIMES are as follows:
BEST CHEEKIE CHONG - 12:30PM – 1:00PM
MOST COLOURFUL KITE – 1:15PM – 1:45PM
BEST BOX KITE – 1:45PM – 2:15PM
BEST MAD BULL - 2:15PM – 2:45PM
MOST INNOVATIVE DESIGN - 2:45PM – 3:15PM
BEST 90.5 KITE - 3:15PM – 3:45PM
BEST NEWSDAY KITE - 3:45PM – 4:15PM
7. At judging time, patrons who are not in the competition will be separated from those who are in the competition.
8. NO ZWILL – anyone found cutting down kites would be immediately disqualified and asked to leave the competition judging area. The event is for good clean family fun.
9. NO METAL FRAMES ARE ALLOWED.
10. Please familiarize yourself with the judging area, which will be zoned off with RED FLAGS.
11. Winners will be announced at the end of the day at about 5:00pm
Winners of each category will qualify for cash prizes as follows:
1st Prize - $1000.00 and a Trophy
2nd Prize - $500.00 and a Medal
3rd Prize - $250.00 and a Medal
Important Note: If there is a tie, the cash prize will be divided equally.
If you have any further queries please feel free to call Inshan or Vanessa